OPDP focuses on enhancing community-driven development approaches that are well suited to the holistic perspectives of Ogiek community.
- Ensure meaningful consultation and participation of the Ogiek community on decisions affecting the community.
- Ensure that the national government enacts appropriate legislation guaranteeing and protecting their rights and identity.
- Ensure mind-set change for people to accept linguistic diversity and enable the survival of indigenous languages.
- Ensure preservation and protection of the culture of the Ogiek community and reduce incidences of prejudice and discrimination
- Ensure participation of Ogiek community in the national planning processes, and development strategies, including on poverty reduction.
- Promote dialogue and conflict prevention programmes involving the Ogiek community and other neighbouring communities in Kenya
Please complete your secure donation below.